Descripción de la publicación:
CGI Federal is looking for a Network Engineer to support one of our federal clients. The successful candidate will interface with CGI Federal clients and end users to gather business and functional requirements, and perform technical analysis for the development of a high volume transaction system with complex workflows and user interface. Provide operational, tactical and strategic analysis to accomplish program goals and exceed user satisfaction.
Sus futuros deberes y responsabilidades:
**The resource must physically be within 50 miles of Beltsville, MD as the position requires the candidate to be onsite within 1 hour to client site in Beltsville, MD as needed.**
The resources shall be able to serve as a technical subject matter expert as a member of a cross-organizational program team comprised of Federal, University, and contractor partners. The program team’s mission is to provide the resources necessary to improve the Client's research capacity by providing scientists with access to high performance computing clusters, cloud computing, improved networking for data transfer, and training in scientific computing. As a subject matter expert in networking and firewall technologies.
Calificaciones requeridas para tener éxito en este rol:
• Hands exp with routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), switching, firewall , sd-wan, Cisco, Juniper.
Employ effective communications skills both orally and written to coordinate, negotiate, and advocate as needed to accomplish tasks and activities as assigned by the Program Manager. Effective communication will also be employed to keep the Program Manager, Project Manager, and other team members apprised of activities, problems and issues, and the ongoing status of service-impacting issues.
• Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud and high performance networking
• Maintain and enhance existing network performance either directly or through coordinating with the project’s Network Management partner, GlobalNOC, partner University staff, ARS Location staff, and other partners and stakeholders as needed.
• Provide and maintain expertise in network engineering, network architecture, and network lifecycle management. Particular focus areas will be with Cisco, Juniper, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking technologies.
• Aid the Project Team in identifying areas of concern or problems within the research network and provide reasonable options to address these areas of concern or problem, and to also provide an informed professional opinion on the recommended appropriate courses of action to address these concerns.
• Will be able to appropriate communicate complex, networking concepts with stakeholders and partners of varying levels of technical expertise.
• Will interact with vendor technical support staff as needed.
• Will actively and collaboratively participate in troubleshooting network problems using all available resources.
• Research new technologies which may apply to the network lifecycle and share information on technologies as they may apply to specific network needs or lifecycle management. When directed, may be asked to integrate these technologies where appropriate.
• Will maintain or develop network diagrams and drawings as changes occur and conditions may warrant.
• Will maintain knowledge of, support, and apply the Cybersecurity principles and policies as directed by the program Team’s Cybersecurity members and the Program Manager. Will seek guidance or assistance from the Cybersecurity team members or Program Manager on any matters of Cybersecurity which are unclear or where the application of a directed policy or setting may reasonably be expected to cause a service impact for the program.
• Certifications in Cisco CCNP and Juniper JNCIP-ENT/JNCIE-ENT are highly desired.
• Possessing one of the Cisco or Juniper certifications along with an AWS Certified Advanced Networking would be an exceptional candidate for the senior position.
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining, designing, and installing large-scale, distributed networking will be required.
- Análisis de Negocios
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.