Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Come join us at CGI to start up a new project supporting one of our clients in an exciting industry. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the stand-up of the new operational model and team. Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Windows Imaging is part of the CGI Global Technology Operations End-User Services team, Imaging/Packaging/Distribution/Tools (IPDT). The position is responsible for gathering client business and technical requirements and using them to prepare our customers for the move to new technologies. For example, the Windows 10 Specialist position is responsible for collecting the required software components from the various hardware and software vendors such as drivers, installation packages and the like for the purpose of creating images for the supported hardware platforms using standard toolsets and processes. Interaction with other teams of other towers is often required to troubleshoot issues.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct Windows 10 Readiness Assessments
• Application Compatibility
• Hardware Compatibility
• Infrastructure Requirements
• New Features Requirements
• Deployment Method Requirements
• Develop Windows 10 Base Image
• Operating System Design
• Hardware Model Integration
• GPO Settings
• Create / maintain custom task sequences and other custom code for front-end image management
• Validates that each image meets the customers’ supplied requirements and internal quality guidelines
• Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent and predictable services
• Write technical documentation
• Ensure that the images load without errors and completely in all supported scenarios (e.g. Vendor staging, DMA, bare metal re-image, USB Flash Drive, USB Drive, Network, etc.)
• Work in close relation with the Release Manager and Application Packagers.
• Maintain documentation of their activities and having checklists for the various tasks in their respective area of responsibility. This includes but is not limited to:
• Creating images
• Sanity testing of images
• Soaking images in the client environment
• Promoting images to production
• Retiring images
• Component Creation and general management of images
• Build books
• Run books
• Technical road maps
• Open and follow-up on incidents with the hardware vendors in the event of a problem relating to a supported hardware platform
• Keep abreast of changes occurring in the client environment that could have an impact on deliverables. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Windows 10 Feature Releases
• Windows 10 Quality Updates
• Microsoft Insider Preview Releases
• Network changes
• Hardware infrastructure changes
• Push software updates
• Upgrades to backend components
• Scheduled maintenance in the environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent training/education required 5+ years Windows Imaging and / or desktop engineering experience required
• Imaging tools (SCCM CB, MDT, PXE, and/or Altiris)
• Experience with scripting tools: Batch, PowerShell, VBS, WMI, etc.
• Windows 7, 8 & 10 experiences
• Windows 10 new features (Device Guard, Secure Boot, Application Whitelisting, UEFI, Credential Guard, Passport/Hello etc.)
• Experience with AD GPO creation
• Process automation
• Presentation and communication skills
• SQL queries is an asset but not required
• Previous project management\implementation experience is an asset but not required
• Technical Maturity
• In-depth experience in troubleshooting, image testing and regressive testing techniques
• In-depth experience in standard operating systems & Configuration Management Tools
• ITIL V3 certification
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.