Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
This position is based in Maplewood, MO and candidates must be local to the St Louis metropolitan area. The ETL Solution Architect is responsible for guiding the design of ETL solutions based on the client's requirements and business processes. This person will be responsible for applying best practices, emerging trends and standard methodologies to build the most efficient solution for our client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with business partners to help translate functional requirements into technical approach, design, and decisions
• Consult, design, and build solutions to address the client’s business intelligence and data management challenges by following industry best practices
• Understand requirements, data models and source to target mappings
• Conduct impact assessment and determine size of implementation efforts
• Design the ETL application architecture based on the documented requirements
• Perform code reviews to ensure code meets standards and guidelines
• Coach and guide the development team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Expertise in Business Intelligence
• Deep knowledge in data warehouse concepts, architecture and ETL
• Ability to tune and optimize query performance for large datasets
• Knowledge and experience in data architecture, dimensional modeling, and solution design
• At least 4 years of experience as ETL Architect and/or Lead role
• At least 3 years of experience in Teradata development, especially writing stored procedures
• Working knowledge of Teradata Utilities - BTEQ, MLOAD, Fastload
• Experience in multi-tier development environments and stringent migration process
• Understanding of:
o Reporting (front-end) needs like table aggregation and performance tuning
o ETL scheduling and dependency concepts
o Incremental change design concepts
o How the reporting and ETL layers interact
• Will consider other data warehouse developer candidates that do not have pre-requisite Teradata experience; however, in-depth understanding of Data Warehouse Concepts is essential
• Solid communication skills
• Strong testing skills
• Telecom/Cable Industry experience is a plus
- Bus Intel / Data Warehousing
- Data Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.