Be a part of a dynamic and high-performing proposal group here at CGI. Our team works on strategic opportunities to support various programs for a wide variety of Government of Canada clients as well as private sector clients. You will work with an impressive group of technical experts, consulting professionals, and dynamic leaders to develop compelling and substantive proposal responses for our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in all phases of the project life cycle to implement the required information technology, adding technical know-how, creativity and a seasoned perspective to initiatives and teams
• Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Business Solutions and Architecture, act as the primary technical authority and perform planning activities leading to the solution architecture development
• Develop architectural framework and design for solution components to support both new project delivery, or maintenance and enhancement efforts
• Define and document the solution architecture structure, connections and relationships with security interfaces, business applications, data, and user interfaces
• Identify technical issues and risks and define mitigation approach
• Work closely with Subject Matter Experts to confirm the detail design of each solution component and integration among components; as well as coordinate the implementation of the detail design
• Present and seek approval for proposed design from different governing bodies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• University Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in developing solution architecture, with demonstrated knowledge of principles and best practices in software architecture, and architectural/design patterns and frameworks
• A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on working experience with Java EE, Spring Framework, Oracle Technology (SOA, OID, Weblogic) & Database platform, IBM MQ
• A minimum of three (3) years working with enterprise mission critical/high availability solution Architecture/technologies
• A minimum of three (3) years working in an Agile Scrum environment
Additional Qualifications The following will also be considered:
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently while meeting completion dates • Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, assess and problem-solve, making sound decisions and recommendations
• Recognized IT industry certification such as TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL and project management certification
• Demonstrated hands-on working experience of developing solution architecture for Cloud based SaaS/PaaS/IaaS solutions, with integration with ‘On Premise’ solutions
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in designing and implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure
• Demonstrated knowledge of leading vendor platforms, such as Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft and IBM
- Solutions Architecture
- System Design
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.