Descripción de la publicación:
If you are experienced in Oracle PL/SQL platform and work in financial sector with strong problem-solving skills, good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have an exciting opportunity to cultivate your career. If you have a passion for analyzing data, building innovative solutions, understanding data quality, and learning the domain, this might be the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our team. As a Senior Consultant you will join an Engineering team that focuses on building solutions supporting the common data needs of Financial Services business. You will have to develop a good understanding of the data, products, and applications. You will be responsible for collecting requirements, analyzing data, conducting impact assessments, and building scalable and innovative solutions.
Sus futuros deberes y responsabilidades:
• Lead the gathering of requirements and acceptance criteria of new features and/or improvements for the product / platform.
• Collaborate with the technology and business teams to deliver high quality solutions for business problems
• Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of new features/improvements to the platform
• Resolving business problems by understanding them through close partnership with analysts and innovative solutions.
• Evaluating business requirements and proposing solutions that align with the technology blueprint and standard methodologies.
• Solve business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
• Actively participating in knowledge exchange thru code and design reviews, exploring new technologies etc.
• Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
Calificaciones requeridas para tener éxito en este rol:
• 10+ years of hands on experience in developing Oracle SQL and PL/SQL solutions
• Demonstrable understanding of database design concepts – Transactional / Data mart / Data warehouse etc.
• Confirmed hands on experience of Oracle PL/SQL design, development involving Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Hints and data migration scripts
• Knowledge and understanding of developing and debugging sophisticated PLSQL packages involving large data sets, Collections and advanced PLSQL communications with Oracle
• Good knowledge on DBLinks, Hints, Performance Tuning and handling Database Locks
• Demonstrable experience working with UNIX shell scripts with intermediate debugging and development skills
• Experience working with version control tools GIT Stash, SourceTree, Release Management build tools (Jenkins, buildforge), collaboration tools
• Excellent data analysis and debugging skills with a focus on identifying data quality issues
• Demonstrable experience with Informatica, data quality tools, scripting languages
• Experience in using job scheduling tools like Autosys
• Experience in Agile Development
• Exposure to one or more - Snowflake, AWS offerings such as Redshift, Tableau will be a plus
• Superb communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Positive relationship skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Supply continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Westlake, TX OR Smithfield, RI OR Durham, NC OR Boston, MA OR Merrimack, NH
At CGI, we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.