Work Location: Open to cities across Canada
MUST currently be living in Canada
Permanent Full Time
CGI has an immediate requirement for a Senior Cybersecurity Architect to undertake interesting and professionally rewarding opportunities. You would work as part of a team in both client-facing delivery engagements and to provide security architecture and design assessments and advice to our industry and government clients
We are looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Architect who is an experienced professional who will apply their expert knowledge of cybersecurity to:
• Create and guide the execution/implementation of cybersecurity architectural and design concepts to ensure that our clients’ infrastructure and services are provided in a secure environment that meets their business requirements and protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of their assets; and/or
• Create conceptual architectures for the security products and services that protect our clients across Canada.
• A strong problem solver and exceptional communicator, the selected candidate will play a key role in working with CGI cybersecurity, business and technology teams to select and present leading solutions to secure our clients and to protect their business operations, and to provide security advice and guidance and overall coordination for the fulfilment of security policy and control requirements. This includes activities such as those required by ITSG-33 for the operational authorization of deployed systems and services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Apply expert knowledge of how cybersecurity systems and services integrate effectively into a wide range of IT infrastructures, from single-site enterprise through multi-location and data centre environments, to Cloud and hybrid deliveries;
• Develop conceptual designs and architect the best technology and service solutions to meet client security objectives;
• Advise on the implementation of cloud-native security tools and safeguards to achieve a secure trusted environment;
• Advise on the design and development of trusted, highly secure data storage and backup archives;
• Develop detailed security overlays and topologies showing recommended network segmentation and zoning design, flow controls, boundary enforcement, safeguard positioning, and other critical security constructs;
• Collaborate with clients to gather requirements and propose effective security solutions;
• Facilitate client presentations and meetings to discuss proposed architectural models and/or how CGI’s cybersecurity capabilities will address the clients’ needs;
• When so tasked, provide leadership to teams of assigned cybersecurity resources;
• As and when requested, participate in the development of technical cybersecurity service responses to client RFPs; and
• Maintain an ongoing awareness of trends in cybersecurity technology and regulatory requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Related IT architecture and engineering experience
• Cybersecurity architecture experience;
• Strong experience with a variety of cybersecurity systems, architectural concepts, delivery environments and best-of-breed security solutions;
• A strong knowledge of security topologies, network security best practices and the application of suitable security safeguards;
• A strong knowledge of security monitoring and response capabilities in conventional, Cloud and hybrid environments;
• A strong understanding and experience with common security standards and frameworks, including but not limited to NIST SP 800-53, ISO 27001/2, PCI, GDPR, SCADA, SWIFT, etc;
• Sound knowledge of Government of Canada security guidelines and standards, including but not limited to ITSG-33 and the technical control requirements of the Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) process;
• A background integrating operations and information security principles;
• Experience analyzing security components of targeted systems to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement;
• A proven ability to create solutions that align enterprise security architecture frameworks and defined security controls and standards;
• Experience working with proposals and RFP submissions, including estimating effort, cost and schedules
• Demonstrated ability for analytical thinking and self-directed research in cybersecurity topics;
• Demonstrated experience creating and delivering presentations and/or discussing technical options and solutions with clients, inspiring confidence and forming trusting relationships;
•Participation in a variety of projects featuring diverse delivery environments and complex security integration demands in both Government and industry;
•Ability to speak, write and communicate clearly and effectively in fluent English;
• Fluency, both written and oral, in both French and English is highly desirable;
• A valid CISSP certification – other relevant security certifications such as CRISC will be considered;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in French would be an asset.
- Security Architecture
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.