If it takes seriously complex IT systems to keep your organisational skills challenged, and you’ve never encountered a network you didn’t want to improve, there’s a digital revolution brewing in the UK that could use your talents as a Cloud Advisory Consultant.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
The Cloud Advisory Consultant builds relationships at client CxO and Director level to rapidly develop Trusted-Advisor status, delivering High-end IT and Cloud Strategy-focused consulting, helping clients develop their roadmap for adoption.
The role will be based in the South/Midlands of England (offices in Reading, London, Bristol, Milton Keynes and Leatherhead) and will require frequent travel to other CGI or client offices as necessary.
Due to the nature of our work you must either hold or be willing to hold SC clearance. Anyone not willing to undergo the necessary clearance should not apply.
As a Cloud Advisory Consultant you may have worked in an Enterprise Architecture role in the past, or progressed through Solution Architecture roles with extensive experience in advising clients on migration to Public Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud architectures. You will have an excellent understanding of the different factors which influence or inhibit Cloud Adoption and will be able to guide clients to make the right choices.
• Support clients through their cloud adoption journey by providing advisory services on cloud strategy, cloud operating models, cloud vendor selection, cloud migration and cloud cost optimisation.
• Lead and deliver client engagements, on your own, as part of a team, or embedded within a client organisation.
• Work closely with the Director of Advisory Services and other BU leads to actively seek out and secure new business opportunities for CGI, contributing to Cloud Advisory business strategy and driving growth in the business.
• Help qualify opportunities during the sales process, presenting to clients as required to build credibility from first contact.
• Gather business imperatives and high level requirements.
• Write and communicate proposals at board level, setting and managing CxO stakeholder expectations.
Helping us grow:
• Shape CGI and Client business plans, provide input to change governance and estimation.
• Engaging with cloud vendors to keep abreast of changes within the industry and its impact to our clients.
• Actively promote the development and re-use of knowledge across the business, providing thought leadership as required across our Cloud community.
• Publishing Points of View on 'hot topics' in the industry
• Develop and refine Sales and Delivery collateral.
• Demonstrable Cloud Consulting experience, including knowledge of vendor Cloud Adoption Frameworks (CAFs) and applying them.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• A broad awareness of Private and Public Cloud capabilities is required, along with the desire to keep this knowledge current.
• You will be comfortable presenting solutions both in written documents and workshop situations, leading and facilitating discussions at the highest level.
• Excellent time management, proactivity and ability to work on own initiative.
• Good awareness of how the hyperscalers work with partners and the mechanisms to leverage for client success.
• Experience of coaching/mentoring is desirable.
• Public Cloud certifications (AWS/Azure/GCP) are desirable, but not essential
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.