CGI is looking to an experienced Data Modeler to join its growing team. Working with the Data Architect; and assigned to a broad range of projects and engagements, the successful candidate will:
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Experience in data analysis, user requirement gathering, user requirement and gap analysis, gathering metadata, data transformations, data relationships, source systems analysis and reporting analysis.
• Strong data modeling fundamentals including experience with 3rd normal form.
• Experience with data modeling tools (e.g. Erwin, Sybase Power Designer, EA, etc.) and understanding of IDEF1X.
• Experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-
• Work with SMEs, Business Analysts and Technology teams to understand the end to end data requirements
• Develop and maintain fully defined Logical and Physical data models for Operational and Analytical environments
• Provides technical leadership for data management, design and development
• Forward Engineer data models, implement and maintain database environment(s)
• Participate in code reviews to ensure appropriate and efficient use of the database structures
• Develop and maintain quality metadata within the data models to be shared with business and other technology teams
• Oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices
• Contribute towards development of data standards, data dictionaries, processes, and definitions of project and data requirements in support of strategy and ongoing operational support
• Propose and review modifications to existing software for better efficiency and performance
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions
• Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
• Make recommendations for standardization and proper data usage and be the champion for the usage of data in business, and communicate the benefits and return on investment for application and product owners
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Expertise & Skills:
• Experience in Forward and Reverse Engineering with Oracle
• Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer/data science, technical or related experience
• 8+ years of overall Information systems, services/consulting experience of which the recent 5+ years should be in data modeling with hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience
• Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches
Hand on experience with Oracle and PL/SQL
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Wealth management experience is heavily preferred
• Experience with unstructured data through the design and development of content management solutions
• Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas
• Banking industry data model experience, such as BIAN
• Agile experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.