CGI wants to help our customers become successful in their transformations by providing leadership, technical advisory skills, and examples of best in class cloud solutions. We need highly skilled people with a positive and energetic attitude to join us on this journey.
As our Cloud Platform Engineer you will build templates, accelerators, and code samples which will increase the speed in which our customers can attain value. You will be a leader and will help customers build cloud environments, solutions, and native software.
Who are You?
You will have experience on the engineering and delivery side of the world but are never satisfied with the status quo. You're a polyskilled practitioner. Comfortable isn't your desired position; you're always looking for ways to improve and change. You are the person on an engineering team who always has their hand up volunteering to try new things, always sourcing for the newest and greatest technology solutions.
You know what needs to be done, how to get it done, and the drive to do so in a large complex system. You understand how to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI will be excited for you to represent us in front of our customers.
We need the best and brightest to help us develop a new vision of Cloud technologies at CGI. Join our new and fervently entrepreneurial team, which is revolutionizing the way CGI does business. You will help shape the future of CGI.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build template, automation, and software accelerators to assist our clients in adopting cloud and cloud architectures effectively at pace.
• You will use your leadership skills and knowledge of cloud computing to design solutions for a variety of customers in the GTA. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help decision-makers make the right choices.
• Support team members to deliver products to market in an efficient manner.
• Thought leadership in public and private cloud architecture and how to deliver it at scale in a large enterprise.
• Assist to develop the Enterprise Architecture for the Cloud program.
• Support development programs to build cloud native applications.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to key business and technology partners – Head of Cloud, Head of Big Data and the Digital Transformation Program.
• Be able to mentor and coach others in cloud and cloud native space.
• Build cloud strategies and target reference architectures.
• Deliver cloud applications with a focus on cloud security.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 years+ in related cloud engineering experience.
• Education: College/Bachelor in Computer Science, information technology or related technical certifications.
• Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and supporting cloud-based systems on Azure/AWS/GCP/etc.
• Great at facilitating and influencing technical delivery teams on cloud, containerization and microservice best practices and onboard onto cloud pipelines.
• Strong in the domain of container ecosystems (Kubernetes, AKS, OpenShift, Nomad, Docker, rkt, Swarm, etc.) and managed public cloud offerings of such systems.
• Ability to migrate applications to containers and cloud native platforms.
• Bash, PowerShell, groovy, python or other high-level scripting languages.
• Expertise with Terraform, ARM, and Cloud Formation Templates.
• Hands-on usage of Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other configuration as code platforms.
• Experience with modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc.
• Working experience with microservice architectures.
• Demonstrated history of architecting cross-cloud SaaS, IaaS or PaaS environments.
• Strong understanding of enterprise application development and delivery.
• 3-5 years experience developing in a other languages such as Java, .Net Core, GoLang, Scala, Clojure etc.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.