CGI has an open opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our team in Ottawa. Attributes that define our ideal candidates will include:
analytical curiosity, strong data-oriented skills and a statistical programming background
• Possess a successful track record of designing and developing AI/ML algorithms for private or public sector solutions
• Up-to-date with the latest technology trends, have a strong desire to constantly learn and be ready to put on the hacker's hat at any time to convert an idea into a demonstration
• Highly detailed-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
• Self-started and able to execute without a lot of direction or oversight
• Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to make advanced analytics concepts accessible and understandable to non-technical business users
• Value collaboration and urgency; and have a passion for driving impact
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Solve some of the most challenging and impactful problems for financial services, insurance and the government by using artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing and big data
• Drive innovation into Analytics solutions and focus on humanizing enterprise software to achieve better customer experience and to enable data-driven business decisions
• Work on high priority initiatives using advanced analytics, predictive modeling and a variety of data sources to produce actionable business insights
• Ideate, conceptualize, design, develop and maintain AI/ML algorithms that provide data insights that drive operational efficiencies and cost savings
• Build production grade models on large-scale datasets. Utilize advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, and data mining techniques
• Provide guidance to a customer and project team with respect to technical feasibility, complexity, and level of effort required to deliver a solution
• Work closely with other team members to further develop metrics, KPIs, and insights that measure business performance improvements
• Assist in the development and delivery of pre and post sales POCs, presentations and proposals for client engagements
• Travel periodically in support of sales and delivery as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least 2 years of experience working on predictive analytics and data mining projects
• 2 years of hands-on experience using complex machine learning methods and algorithms
• At least 2 years of experience working with one or more data mining tools such as R, Python, Scala or SAS
• Hands-on experience working with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, and/or Hadoop
• Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries and working with relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server
• Hands-on experience constructing and manipulating JSON and XML documents and working with NoSQL databases such as MangoDB and CouchDB
• Good understanding of microservices architecture and hands-on experience working with REST APIs
• Self-directed and demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of modern software development techniques and methodologies
• Knowledge and practice of secure software development processes
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business, statistics, economics, computer science or information systems (or equivalent combination of skill and experience)
• 4 years of experience working on predictive analytics and data mining projects
• 4 years of hands-on experience using Machine Learning, Cognitive, and AI APIs
• 4 years of experience with both relational and NoSQL technologies
• 2 years of experience using data transformation and integration services such as Kafka Connect and/or Py.Spark
• Knowledge of the Python data ecosystem using pandas and NumPy Experience building and deploying ML pipelines
• 2 years of experience working on predictive analytics and data mining projects for financial services, insurance, healthcare or the government
• Expertise with Agile development methodology and Continuous delivery best practices
• Knowledge of RPA automation tools such as UIPath or Blue Prism
• Master’s or PhD degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or information systems
• Must currently hold or be eligible to obtain a Federal Government clearance of enhanced reliability
Čo môžete od nás očakávať:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.