Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
This is a superb opportunity to join CGI Calgary in providing leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a self-motivated Senior SQL DBA that is looking for an opportunity to develop their career with our outstanding team!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform daily maintenance including monitoring backups, managing disk space, and maintaining database objects
• Participate in change management processes including deployment of database changes in all environments as requested; following client change management standards and procedures
• Perform database installations, upgrades, migrations, and patching
• Monitor and tune database performance
• Maintain client documentation including database topology, connection procedures, and special instructions
• Collaborate as part of a broader team on data design and architecture
• Advise clients in a hybrid environment such as on premise and cloud
• Collaborate with stakeholders, teams and clients to define and detail business requirements using established processes and tools given scope constraints
• Proactively monitor, maintain and improve existing systems to increase functionality and optimize performance
• Adheres to validated development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout product development phase
• Provide database security administration such as User ID’s, passwords, roles, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Server as an operations DBA
• Senior level performance, tuning and troubleshooting experience on large SQL Server production databases
• Demonstrable proficiency in supporting the database platform of a large organization
• Prior experience with SQL Server Clustering, Always on Availability groups, Database Mirroring, SQL Replication and Log Shipping
• Solid Transact-SQL skills and SSRS exposure
• Ability to quickly resolve sophisticated problems in a live environment
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to convey complex ideas and solutions to users
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player
• Flexibility to support the operations of our businesses with occasional on-call rotations
• Familiarity with ticketing lifecycles and applications and processes (i.e. ServiceNow)
• Experience with LiteSpeed setup, configuration, upgrade and maintenance
• Familiarity with Database monitoring tools such as Quest
• Azure Database certification considered an asset
• University degree in computer science or equivalent
- SQL Server
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Database Tuning
- Team Player
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.