We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to work for our clients in our Telecom.
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to manage the project solution components from initiation to post-implementation. The ideal candidate will work on client site to act as our client Senior Project manager. The candidate will be primarily be responsible for deliverables management, coordination and management of client reviews, coordination with various internal and external teams, issue and risk management, budget and contract management as well as reporting to client senior executives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead projects as the primary delivery executive with full accountability for contract management, engagement financials, client relationships, and service delivery quality;
• Build and maintain relationships with senior executives within our client organizations;
• Report on delivery status to executive bodies within the client organization and within CGI;
• Developing and maintaining integrated project plans, work breakdown structures and timelines;
• Developing and maintaining cost estimates, resource plans and any other documentation required to control the project budget and statements of work;
• Proactively anticipating issues and/or organizational challenges and developing mitigating strategies.
• Managing client, vendor and technology relationships as required and making recommendations to senior management as the opportunities arise;
• Ability to develop and build strong productive working relationships with clients and internal stakeholders;
• Ability to lead and participate in executive level business and technology discussions;
• Demonstrated success at collaborating, building consensus, and driving multiple projects to completion.
• Leading the project team through problem determination and issue resolution as required;
• Communicating and reinforcing project methodologies and standards developing all project artifacts as required;
• Directing and leading the project team and providing ongoing advice and guidance;
• Monitoring all testing and implementation activities ensuring that all phases/aspects of testing are covered based on the project to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7 + years of Project delivery, successful delivery of more than one project of a level 2 or 3 complexity as defined by the following dimensions:
o Effort – 5,000 person days or higher;
o Budget -- $2 million or higher;
o Team Size – 10 team members or more;
o Geographic Locations of Work Performed – at least 2;
o Multiple stakeholders in a complex stakeholder environment;
o Multiple delivery partners or subcontractors;
o High degree of solution/services complexity and innovation.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
• Strong problem solving and presentation skills;
• Experience with the systems development lifecycle, methodologies, estimating, and architecture will be useful for this role;
• Flexibility to travel to client sites across the GTA is required.
• University / College level degree program in IT and/or business;
• Experience is Delivering security solutions is an assest.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.