CGI is looking for a Junior MS SQL developer to help database development for telecom BU. The ideal candidate will want to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment where he or she works closely with our client. The ideal candidate will want to be on the cutting edge of telecommunication technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and CGI’s future business while keeping up the standard of being technology leaders in the industry.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Complete construction activites on time as per requirement;
- Perform testing activities;
- Fix defects;
- Work on production issues and resolve the same.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Required work experience: 2 years or more;
- Good knowledge of T-SQL with a minimum of 2 years of experience in MS SQL Server;
- Software development life cycle methodology: Analysis/Design/Construction/Testing/Deployment.
- Proven experience in software module design based on understanding of requirements and in clearly documenting the design in system design specifications;
- Proven development track record in PL/SQL development or code maintenance; Database development; MS-SQL 2008 (or later) programming; Writing complex and optimized SQL queries; Generating reports; Writing Stored Procedures / Functions. Experience with SSRS, SSIS; Design and Develop ETL processes; Unit tests; Ability to perform minor DBA tasks if needed; Indexing; Query optimization; Manage Database security (optional).
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Agile knowledge is good;
- Team player, proactive;
- Demonstrated ability to think out-of-the-box in problem solving and to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership in teams;
- Ability to communicate verbally or in written form as required throughout software development life cycle: requirement clarification, design spec’s, team communication, good communication skills in English and French.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.