Descrição da Função:
This position supports a government client that is undertaking several strategic initiatives to re-engineer its current business processes and technology solutions to streamline and modernize data collection and ingestion operations across the Enterprise. This effort will evaluate vendor specific commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products as well as existing legacy systems that support key business area functions for the Bureau, as it relates to modernization of the management and collection of respondent data via survey or census in a secure manner. This work focuses on governance, change management, configuration management, solution integration, design, testing, and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation of the projects and supporting components. The program activities utilize the SAFE Agile Framework for development.
Business areas supported by the program include:
• Questionnaire Design & Metadata - An enterprise framework that allows survey “owners” the ability to design how their paper, Internet-based, mobile or telephone survey should appear (e.g., what questions should be asked, how should they be asked, when should they be asked, etc.). Also provides a library that will allow for reuse of questions across surveys and census
• Survey Operational Control - An enterprise framework to be used at the survey program level to create workload of cases, schedule the delivery of these cases to be worked (i.e. survey/questionnaire input), manage and track status relative to these cases which are input/collected in all the different survey response modes (i.e. paper, internet, field interview, and telephone interview)
• Field Operational Control - An enterprise framework to be used by all modes of field/telephone-assisted data collection for field managers to control, track and manage survey/census workloads and the field workforce cases and status.
• Mobile Data Collection – Survey/forms type of application resident on a mobile device and/or laptop that allows for the collection of respondent data while completely disconnected from any type of internet service.
• Internet Data Collection – Web-based survey/form type of application that allows for the collection of respondent data via a browser-based desktop web application.
• Provide input and support to Alternatives of Analysis (AoA) efforts for multiple capabilities focused on Data Ingest
• Provide support for market research
• Support data architecture requirements relating to the system modernization efforts including development of data flow diagrams, architectural reviews of existing data architecture and recommendations related to enhancing performance, reliability, and security of existing solutions
• Create delivery schedule of the SA to include external stakeholder information gathering sessions and/or meetings and draft delivery and review timelines
• Ensure SA is vetted across all primary stakeholder groups to include subject matter experts (SMEs) from across program areas and directorates
• Update all architectural frameworks within Segment Architecture
• Incorporate program area capabilities into segment architecture and align with EA
• Capture updates to existing SOA patterns and document new patterns for the Census Release cycle
• Provide recommendations to streamline the API integration process and support the development of API documentation for multiple releases
• Provide SME support for modernization efforts around Data Ingest and integration
Qualificações requeridas para ser bem sucedido neste role:
Architect with a background in solution architecture, data architecture, and system engineering with the ability to support the modernization efforts. (8 -10 years minimum).
The Senior Architect must have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background well-grounded in solutions, systems and enterprise architecture frameworks, as well as best practice systems engineering principles; experience with gap analyses and AoAs; understanding of cloud technologies, data lakes; and breadth of knowledge across applications and toolsets.
The candidate must be able to develop and present briefings to stakeholders across the enterprise, and lead technical discussions effectively.
Education requirements are a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, and Physics or in an appropriate discipline.
O que pode esperar de nós:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.