Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
Are you as much about “people management” as “project management”? Does the thought of corralling a herd of developers give you happy dreams? Do you look down your nose at those “I don’t want to get my hands dirty!” project managers? Then you’re hired.
You’ll be successful in this role because:
- You’ve been there, done that. An agile project with tight deadlines is routine.
- You eat scrum for breakfast.
- You love application development and can act as a product owner as well as a PM.
You’ll want to work with us because:
- We are growing, rapidly.
- We treat our members as people. As owners.
This role in particular is interesting if you like different projects, some of which are fully agile, with the twist that you as the PM get to act as the product owner. You’ll work with an experienced team to deliver tested code every two weeks and work with the business areas to refine the vision and requirements for the product.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Development of project proposals, project charters, and project management plans;
- Managing the time and effort of the project team;
- Ensuring proper change, scope, risk, and expectation management are applied;
- Act as a senior member of the account team, assisting with long-term relationships and vision;
- Act as the product owner in Agile development, ensuring that the delivered product meets the needs of the business
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager who has a minimum of 7 years of experience managing medium to large scale application management and development projects in a complex environment. Strong experience with PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies and experience with Agile is necessary.
- Successfully graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in related field;
- PMP certification
- Experience in agile development;
- A minimum of 10 years IT related experience;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Enough technical wherewithal to be a “hands-on, attention to detail” PM, not just a red/yellow/green PM;
- Industry expertise in Financial Services and/or Insurance is preferred; and
- Strong problem solving and decision-making.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- Managed medium to large scale application development projects in a complex environment for a minimum of 5 years; and
- PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies experience.
• Application Management;
• Application Development ;
• Business Analysis;
• Joint Application Development;
• PMBOK-Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMI);
• Project Management Professional;
• Requirements Analysis;
• UML (Unified Modeling Language); and
• Use Cases
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.