Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
Join our Global Technology Operations Team!
Work location: Mississauga
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and we are looking for talented individuals to explore emerging technologies with us.
If you are interested in being part of a team where you will support our diverse client base in day to day operations, and be involved in innovative projects, CGI Device Management & Engineering (DME) team puts you on the leading edge of the IT industry where you can make a difference.
As part of the Device Management & Engineering (DME) team, you will be working on initiatives for various clients who represent multiple global industries.
This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and external teams to ensure activities are clearly defined and related to industry best practices. With the Device Management and Engineering (DME) team you will troubleshoot issues and implement new enhancements to achieve targeted results for our clients.
If you have experience with Windows 7&10 operating systems, endpoint management tools, image creation, application packaging, project management, or any combination of the aforementioned, and are excited about continuous learning opportunities we want to hear from you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in planning tasks and supporting team leaders in coordination of activities.
• Design and implement solutions for endpoint management that meet client requirements and reflect industry best practices.
• Support implemented solutions and technologies exceeding our clients expectations for stability and performance.
• Performing documented unit tests on solutions utilizing team methods and procedures.
• Document client requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in creating MSI with custom actions using AdminStudio or equivalent.
• High level knowledge of scripting to automate application silent installation.
• Experience in creating AppV packages using Microsoft AppV Sequencer or equivalent.
• Experience in one or more scripting tools. (ex: Batch, VBS, WMI, SQL)
• Advanced knowledge and technical experience with Windows 7&10.
• Aptitude for application and system level support, migration, deployment activities.
• Independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Experience in one or more endpoint management tools (ex: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or Symantec Client Management Suite (Altiris)).
• Understanding of Windows 10 new features and industry best practice processes.
• High level knowledge of new and emerging enterprise technologies (ex: Azure, Intune, Windows Analytics, Autopilot).
• Experiece with PSADT and Powershell scripting/automation.
• Experience in creating MSIX packages using Microsoft MSIX Packaging Tool or equivalent.
• Experience with project management and/or implementation.
• Participation in conference calls and presentations to internal and external participants
• Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
• Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team.
• Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, can see hidden problems, is excellent at analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
• Flexibility - Is open to change, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, anticipates and adjusts to problems and roadblocks.
• Task Management - Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, appropriately communicates and resolved or escalates any problems that arise.
• Communication - Has a good level of communication to establish good relations with the client in meetings, incident management and any other relationship involving the client.
• Dedication - Involves dedicating the time and energy required to accomplish the objective. Will do what it takes to get things done.
Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary diploma with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3yrs+ of software packaging and Windows endpoint administration experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.