Descripción de la publicación:
We are seeking a Technical Lead to provide leadership in the end-to-end design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. In this role, the Lead will be responsible for meeting development schedules and delivering high quality solutions that meet technical specifications and design requirements contribute to and/or lead the specification and software design phases of the software development life cycle. May manage the design and implementation of new software development and enhancement efforts and software testing with other technologists. Come join a great team in Charlotte, North Carolina!
Sus futuros deberes y responsabilidades:
• Manage the technical delivery of medium to large, moderately complex projects on-time, on-budget and with targeted zero defects
• Provide planning, estimation, scheduling, prioritization and coordination of technical activities related to system development
• Ensure system alignment to Enterprise Architecture policies and best practices; ensure that process methodologies are followed in system development
• Accountable to business and technology management for end to end application scoping, planning, development and delivery that meets and exceeds quality standards
• Oversee creation and approval of technical documentation including the Solution Definition document and Technical Design document; ensure documentation is aligned to the Functional Requirements and uses document templates that meet SDLC standards
• Identify and manage dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
• Manage day to day technical challenges and communicate to project manager any risks or issues associated with the development activities
• Assist Project managers with the estimation of technical timelines and allocation of the technical resources to specific task
• Coordinate coding and unit testing phases of system development and facilitate Code Reviews
• Identify opportunities for system reuse and system simplification
• Communicate Expectations, Roles and Responsibilities to team members and hold them accountable to meet the expectations
• Collaborate with IT partners to devise capacity plan and ensure appropriate infrastructure for the end to end system delivery
Calificaciones requeridas para tener éxito en este rol:
• Researching new technologies, creating proof of concepts, and presenting to developers and business partners
• Mentoring developers and helping developers with technical issues
• Troubleshooting application, database or environment issues
• Some exposure to Java
• 6 years or more of experience with SQL with 1 or more relational databases
• 2 years of more of experience working agile teams without solid requirements
• Experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Apache Kudu
- Comunicación (Oral/Escrita)
- Resolución de problemas/Toma de decisiones
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.