Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
Join our Global Technology Operations Business Unit!
We have a new position available in Mississauga.
Reporting to the Manager D&ET Project Controls, you will provide project controls functional services to a portfolio or group of projects, including but not limited to transactional financial support and stewardship reporting throughout the project life cycle.
This role is accountable for the creation and maintenance of the work breakdown structure (WBS), maintaining project progress, reviewing and issuing purchase requests, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of accruals and financial reporting, updating of forecast entry, tracking cost impact of changes, and completing financial close out.
Collaboration with Project Scheduling, Supply Chain and Finance, along with other business areas will be required to align processes, workflows and deliverables with various work groups.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Set up projects in SAP, create and maintain the WBS, network and activities in line with the Project Plan, schedule and reporting requirements.
• Craft purchase requests with required backup and vendor quotes in line with standards.
• Full financial period reporting and steward required financial accuracy and transparency.
• Provide accurate entry of incurred costs and forecasts with detailed cost reporting back up documentation and analysis on a reporting frequency as required by clients and stakeholders.
• Ensure accurate accounting treatment and recovery of tax or other eligible tax credits.
• Support the project lead in preparation of the project long range plans and budgets, including revised estimates and cash flows.
•Support the project lead with authorization for expenditure initiation, preparation and routing as well as collection, preparation and accuracy of variance analysis as required.
• Prepare, consolidate and analyse individual project reports for all stakeholders, assuming responsibility for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness; including entering month end journal entries according to financial standards and timelines.
•Understand, track, monitor and report impact of changes and budget transfers on total project costs.
•Protect the integrity of the investment decision by understanding the project scope and escalating deviation as required.
•Complete the end to end financial project close out including financial close and SAP entries.
•Support in building the long range plans and budgets to develop a full understanding of the planned spending.
•Provide other project controls functional support services as required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience and Education:
• Minimum 5yrs + of experience in a similar role.
• Deep understanding of project lifecycles.
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Administration/Project Management or related
Skills and Knowledge:
• Proficiency in SAP.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Continuous improvement mindset with strong analytical and decision-making capacity.
• Strong sense of ownership, with demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead multiple and changing priorities under tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills, experience with project management is an asset.
• Possess solid leadership and communication skills to interact with all functions and levels of leadership.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.