CGI currently relies on several hundred enterprise applications to deliver the required services to our members and executives. The applications were built over several decades without any consistent approach or master data plan. This is becoming an even bigger issue with increasing data privacy regulations like GDPR. The Enterprise Data Architect will assess our current data landscape, define a vision (master data plan) and a roadmap to deliver it. She or he will also define the Governance needed to ensure the plan is executed, exceptions are properly vetted and compliance to regulations is maintained over time.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Experience in the IT Services business, including defining complete data strategy for asset classes.
• Define and establish technical strategy, standards, and guidelines in the data architecture domain and model domain including creating and maintaining models and roadmaps.
• Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders and various IT data practice teams to define transitional and target state data architectures.
• Act as central point of discussion regarding data management; i.e., users, DBA, application development including maintaining data models and definitions of data elements
• Communicate information about data to users, application development, and database administration.
• Coordinate change management of data models.
• Design mapping of data from source to target systems.
• Maintain information of processes that move data between data stores.
• Define and coordinate the enterprise data governance process.
• Maintain information regarding identification of data stewards.
• Interface with:
Corporate Business Owners
Extract, condition, and load developers
Application project managers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• 8-10 years of proven experience leading complex distributed data architectures.
• 8-10 years of practice experience in Domain Driven Design, SOA, Master Data Management and Data Services.
• Deep understanding of some industry standards like DAMA, DMBOK, or TOGAF.
• Experience in IT Services market a plus.
• Bachelor Degree
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Strong collaboration skills, able to work with many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups, driving teams to delivery
• Proven delivery skills for transforming the enterprise data landscape.
• Complex problem solving and critical thinking skills.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.