Descrição da Função:
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Java Developer to work for our clients in our Telecom Industry.
Os teus futuros deveres e responsabilidades:
The role will evolve to Java/J2EE Developer with an initial heavier focus on environment and application support for our project delivery teams with both the development and testing teams.
Our client has a large systems development program developing and delivering mission critical web applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing business users and project teams with application and environment support for testing teams and development teams
• Monitoring, troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving data and application issues within test or non-production environments.
• Generating application builds for use in non-production environments
• Generating stack traces, producing thread dumps and gathering application and system logs for use in troubleshooting exercises
• Ensuring adherence to best practices for application support, including complex impact or systems analysis
• Providing daily and occasional weekend support for project testing teams
• Providing status of non-production environments
Qualificações requeridas para ser bem sucedido neste role:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, an engineering discipline, or a related field
• At least 5 years in IT heavily engaged with JAVA application support delivering technical solutions within SDLC and addressing any software issues such as debugging, isolation and diagnosis.
Knowledge building enterprise class web applications
• Experience in developing Enterprise applications: Billing, CRM, or Financial, Business Intelligence greatly preferred
• Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools.
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills
• Industry experience: Telecommunications a plus
O que pode esperar de nós:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.