CGI has an immediate FTE opportunity for a Java Full Stack Micro services Developer to join our financial services team in Cleveland Oh.
In this role you will:
- Serve as a technical expert of a large-scale digital development project consisting of both on-shore and off-shore developers.
- Work together with Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts and Technical Managers to build web and micro services.
- Be responsible for ensuring the team is creating functional, scalable, maintainable code utilizing existing customer patterns.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop applications using latest Java concepts in Spring Boot.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements complex software applications.
• Resolve issues that other junior team members are unable to solve.
• Provide technical solutions to problems encountered in the team.
• Provide innovative ideas and solution to complex as well as rather simple looking problems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• 5+ years of strong experience in core Java & Junit
• 5+ years experience developing and managing RESTful API applications using microservices
• 5+ years experience in Spring Boot
• 1+ years experience in OpenShift
• Experience working with tools like Git, Jenkins, uDeploy
• Experience in Open Shift, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK Stack, API Connect/APIGEE, Apache Kafka, Oracle and MongoDB
• Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SQL in Unix and Windows environments
• Experience with Java technologies and frameworks mainly Spring and Hibernate
• Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth is a must
• Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments
• Strong Shell scripting experience
• Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or Mongo DB databases.
• Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play
• Strong agile/scrum development experience
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Basic Knowledge of: Kubernetes, Docker, ELK Stack, API Connect/APIGEE, Apache Kafka, Oracle and MongoDB
• 1+ years of experience with JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SQL in Unix and Windows environments
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.