Descripción de la publicación:
Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
As a mid-level to senior Programmer Analyst, you will work with clients and stakeholders to analyze business and enterprise requirements, participate in strategic design and architectural decisions, and write code to create new applications. This mid-level to senior position is a great way to support a vital Federal mission and join CGI, a premier systems integrator and application development firm.
Sus futuros deberes y responsabilidades:
• Ability to work in an AGILE environment and work well with others, some work may be also be performed using other methodologies such as waterfall and spiral.
• Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, following adopted methodology that leads to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
• Analyze business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and systems improvements
• Design and perform unit tests to confirm functionality meets business requirements
• Maintain code to enhance functionality and improve efficiency, as well as replace malfunctioning or obsolete code
• Participate in migration meetings and resolve migration issues as necessary
• Ensure all code is version controlled according to standards and best practices
Calificaciones requeridas para tener éxito en este rol:
This is mid-level to senior position with a minimum of 6 years of relevant technical experience required along with a bachlors degree. Twelve years of experience can be substituted for the bachelors degree. Only 4 years of experience are needed with a relevant Masters degree. Successful candidates will possess:
• Good experience with development languages, such as Java and Node.js, and other related application frameworks, techniques, and tools
• Experience with SQL and modifying Oracle database schemas
• Experience creating Design documentation, Target State Diagrams, and other development-related documentation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a confident and assertive demeanor.
• Ability to clearly explain the pros/cons of different technical solutions and provide recommendation to the lead / project manager
• Experience with code and peer reviews
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work on challenging issues independently or in a team environment
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and environments
• Experience with Agile and DevOps preferred
• Experience with Cloud technologies preferred
• Experience with federal government consulting
- Pensamiento Analítico
- Conocimiento de Negocios
- Comunicación (Oral/Escrita)
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.