Would you like to grow an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-moving environment where they work closely with our internal and external clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and our business while keeping up the standard of being leaders in the industry. You will develop your career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Perform analysis, design, development and testing of various application components on the billing applications ARICS and COBI;
- Provide Technical Lead support; produce effort estimates, user documentation, stay attuned to the newest technologies;
- Overseeing a team of technical developers (onshore and / or offshore); Provides subject matter expertise and technical direction to the developers; Reviews work of development team and responsible for code quality;
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Work with customers when required; Liaise with the Business to ensure the development team meets business expectations and planning future changes to achieve improvements; Responsible for providing business communication;
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions; Resolves critical production issues;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of application programming and analysis experience required in the Mainframe environment;
- 7+ years VSAM; SAS; SAS Online; IMS; IEF (must have); MVS/VSE; Solid experience and knowledge of MVS for z/OS; In depth knowledge of common QA standard methodologies, principles and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth experience redefining system requirements into technical requirement;
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards required;
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies;
- Occasional overtime required to meet project time lines.
- Customer oriented; Ability to understand users' business requirements and translate them to specifications;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, plus a flexible approach to tasks and the working environment; Self-starter
- Ability to provide coaching to more junior resources; Leadership; Strong consulting and interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual (French/English); Excellent written and verbal communications.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.