Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a project manager in the CGI global infrastructure services project management practice, your involvement in the achievement of the projects & transitions is to contribute of the success of any project work on. Your responsibilities will include:
• Deliver expected project margin/profitability
• Document and assess impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
• Execute various activities to deliver projects using the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests,
• Plan, organize, manage and communicate the activities to ensure the project objectives meet to client satisfaction, team and executive
• Ensure good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes (CPMF)
• Ensure time charged by members applied to the appropriate task and control the project budget.
• Complete satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtain signoff.
• Obtain engagement and approvals by all players; individual members, teams and the client plus suppliers.
• Maintain the healthy management of your project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues
• Ensure your projects are auditable (CGI quality processes applied)
• Contribute to client satisfaction appraisal throughout the delivery of your projects
• Obtain, validate and understand the cost model and project profit margin for every project you are assigned,
• Define functional structure of the project; prepare work plans for planning and scheduling the required resources
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in managing and delivery between 2 and 5 of infrastructure projects of low to medium complexity, up to 500 person days of effort, generating revenue up to $250K, duration of up to 6 months, teams of 5 or fewer members
• Strong communication skills in providing pertinent and precise information to the appropriate audience (client, delivery and/or operational teams)
• Ability to apply lessons learned
• Use standardized tools, templates and processes (CGI methodology - client partnership management framework - CGI quality processes) to manage your projects
• Apply existing procedures defined by the GIS project management practice
• Manage internal and/or external partners and suppliers would be considered an asset
• Security clearance: Government of Canada – Level II – Secret
Education and Certification
• Language: Candidate must be fluently bilingual; French and English.
• Diploma: Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience, Master in Project Management is an asset.
• Certification: Project Management institute (PMI) is an asset.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.