Descrição da Função:
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete tasks assigned by team lead or client PM (may include analysis, design, coding, peer review, testing, or deployment activities)
• Attend and participate in all required meetings
• Escalate issues and risks per the project escalation procedure 100% of the time
• Adhere to engagement processes and procedures including QMS, client coding standards, Concert, etc., as well as those defined by the client PM
• Delivering all project tasks in accordance to the guidelines given in the clients Project plans
• Ensure that quality software is developed in accordance with the project’s Quality plan
• Ensure that code and the techniques used match the project standards for the technology
• Maintain a defect ratio of less than 5% for all tasks
• Build respectful relationships with team members, clients, etc. demonstrating sensitivity towards diversity, managing conflicts and promoting team relationships
• 100% adherence to CGI policies (Member Commitment to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Dress Code, Travel, Expenses, etc.)
• Always practice professional, respectful communication whenever dealing with other team members, management and the client
• Use all of the tools including Internet and Instant Messaging appropriately, being mindful that they should only be used as a form of business communication and in a professional manner at all times
• Timesheets completed on time
• Status reports completed on time
• Attend and participate in all CGI member meetings (e.g., MSAPs, town halls, annual tour)
• Remain current in your area of expertise
• Develop consulting skills
• Proactively identifying and communicating project risks
• Share knowledge freely and openly with other team members
• Ensure that clients are happy with the product they receive and go away from meetings on a positive note
• Follow project management processes (i.e., Change Management, Configuration Management, etc.)
Required Technical Skills:
• Strong Java/J2EE including: JDBC, Java Server Pages, JMS, concurrency
• Java libraries such as Quartz, Swing (esp. for TSAR)
• Web-app development for Java (deploying WAR/EAR files)
• Eclipse as dev environment
• Solid SQL background, Oracle experience
• Solid web background: CSS, jQuery
Nice to have Technical Skills:
• WebLogic, Sybase database
• JUnit experience
• Ant experience Capital Markets experience Strong leadership skills
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Flexibility, self-motivated, and has the ability to give and receive feedback
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team member
O que pode esperar de nós:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.