This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI’s Web Design and Development Team. Our team works with world class clients bringing ideas and concepts into life. Our design and build process is user experience focused and takes advantages of the latest technologies and the best of breed Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager.
The Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer must have:
o Sound knowledge in use of specific development tools and development languages.
o Advanced knowledge of the systems environment in which the system is being developed and/or targeted for implementation.
o Technical coaching and leadership skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
• Participate in the analysis, design, and development of new Digital Services;
• Participate in the upkeep, maintenance and improvement of existing Systems;
• Provide accurate estimates based on business requirements;
• Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
• Work with the development and infrastructure team to find innovative solutions and deliver value;
• Limit and standardize technology choices available during development.
• Recognize the potential reuse of existing systems in the broader system environment.
• Having knowledge of other applications in the organization and the interactions and dependencies between them.
• Subdivide a complex application, during the design phase, into smaller, more manageable pieces.
• Communicate and ensure comprehension of these concepts to developers.
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
• 10 years of experience in java development;
• 5 years of experience with a CMS framework (e.g. Polopoly , Wordpress)
• 5 years of experience with Relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB or other);
• 5 years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture (APIs and SDKs)
• 5 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests;
• 5 years of experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Tomcat;
• 2 years of experience with Docker, Vagrant, Consul, Eureka, Rancher
• JCR (Apache JackRabbit Oak), strong with file system storage/tree storage concepts
• Apache Sling or comparable experience in handling HTTP request to resource mapping
• Sling annotations and appropriate usage are critical
• OSGi is nice to have
• Experience in OOP and design patterns;
• Experience in NoSQL databases (CouchDB, MongoDB)
• Autonomy and an ability to learn are critical to being part of the team;
• Gifted thinker who is extremely resourceful, pays attention to detail and is proactive;
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good sense of humour;
• Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities;
• Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
• Experience with PHP
• Experience with Spring Boot
• Experience with high volume data processing
• Bilingual (English and French)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.