We are looking for a JAVA Technical Lead who is highly experienced in providing technical thought leadership across multiple applications and business units. You are experienced with development process, methodologies and governance as well with architecting large and complex enterprise applications. Will leverage experience in building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide senior technical leadership, guidance, and support in formulating strategic technology approaches and systems architecture for BSS/OSS
• Collaborate with IT, business, and Enterprise Architecture to define and develop technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices
• Act as a technical expert addressing problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, multiple platform integration, and hardware/software limitations
• Keep current with trends and relevant technological innovations in the IT industry for proposals and development improvements
• Create and present proposals and assessments to clients and management at all levels
• Analyze and recommend software selection, solutions options, methodologies, strategies and tools
• Provide high-end consulting to clients and innovative technical solution in the OSS/BSS domain
• Interact and consult with appropriate business analysts, project managers and developers to understand business/project requirements and define architectural solutions to meet those requirements
• Identifies prerequisites and/or dependencies for the successful implementation of the project.
• Work with the application solutions delivery teams in the development of services, components, standards, and frameworks required
• Conduct code reviews for all major initiatives
• Identify and communicate risks associated with the responsible OSS/BSS to client and senior management throughout the project delivery lifecycle
• Compose detailed documents for technical standards, solution templates and troubleshooting procedures
• Support and mentor technical team leads and other members in the project
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Post-secondary education with a Computer Sciences or technology-related major.
• ITIL, CSM certification are an asset.
• 5 to 10 years’ architectural design and implementation experience with OSM and RODOD
• 10+ years’ experience with software development methodologies
• 10+ years’ experience of understanding Object Oriented programming best practices
• 15+ years’ experience with coding, testing and design
• Experience in OSM Development, Oracle PIP, and Weblogic Administration
• Experience implementing integration using JMS, MQ etc
• J2EE (2+ years)
• SOA and Web Services / API development and testing experience (SOAP and RESTful services)
• Solid understanding of Data transformation, Troubleshooting
• Experience working on Database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) with Programming skills in PL/SQL and basic working knowledge of Oracle DB
• Extensible Markup Language (XML) and XSLT
• XML Schema (XSD) / Unix commands / basic scripting
• Application platforms (e.g. Weblogic Server)
• Agile Development methodologies using methodologies such as Scrum
Nice to have
• Familiarity with multiple operating system platforms, application frameworks and tools would be a definite asset.
• Experience on DevOps tools/ concepts including (i.e. Jenkins, JIRA, Gradle, ChatOps, Microservice)
• Oracle professional certifications
• Team leadership and project management
• Excellent skills in oral and written business communications in English
• Project execution using various development methodologies, including agile development methodologies
• Experience working in global delivery environment (e.g. teaming with resources from India.)
• Negotiation and structured problem determination skills
• Telecom solutions experience would be an asset
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.