The Level 1 Service Desk technician provides user support and customer service on Company-supported computer applications and platforms. The primary purpose is to diagnose, prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve incidents and service requests reported by the Client via telephone, online chat, email or a Web portal.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Respond to requests for technical assistance by following prescribed procedures.
• Research reported incidents using available information sources and tools. Diagnose, triage and resolve hardware, software and network-related incidents
• Log all contacts and document all the activities and results accurately and completely within the incident management tool.
• Assign unresolved tickets to the appropriate support team.
• Proactively monitor, follow up and expedite the resolution of assigned and pending tickets.
• Identify and escalate tickets requiring urgent attention and action.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Adhere to work schedules, attendance and leave policies.
• Comply with CGI and Client’s IS/IT policies, code of conduct and quality standards
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent speaking and writing skills in English with a neutral accent, correct grammar and syntax
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices, ITIL and ITSM
• Knowledge of IT applications, systems and networks
• Experience in handling technical support for an international organization
• Problem analysis and solving
• Learning, adaptability and attention to detail
• Ability to type
• Tolerance to stress, performance driven and continuously improving
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.