Experienced professional with well developed, proficient knowledge and skills in Applications Development. Operational in focus, may instructor coach other professionals. Develops applications solutions from established programming languages and source code. Recommends improvement to existing applications using engineering releases and utilities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Primary Skills – Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL/PL SQL, Web Services, Angular JS/HTML5/CSS3, Angular 6/TypeScript
• 6 to 8 years of software development, application maintenance/enhancements and support experience.
• Hands on Experience in Core Java, J2EE (JSP/Servlets, JPA, EJB3, JDBC, JMS), MVC (Struts/JSF), Jasper, Swing, Spring, Hibernate/iBatis, Weblogic, Tomcat
• Hands on Experience in Angular JS, Angular 6, HTML5, CSS3, TypeScript
• Very good Hands on Knowledge of Oracle database,PL/SQL, and UNIX
• Knowledge in ETL Data Conversion.
• Exposed to Release Management (Complex build scripts and deployment)
• Tools: Eclipse, Version control tools, SQL Developers etc.
• Very good understanding of coding standards, best practices and very good design/analytical/code review skills
• Good understanding of estimation techniques, SDLC, Development methodologies (Agile is an advantage), and industry standard processes.
• Should have very good communication skills/interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with North America counterparts/clients
• Should have experience of leading a technical team
• Good analytical skills, problem solving skills
• Should have experience in tools like Eclipse, Maven, Version control tools and etc.
• Good understanding of coding standards, best practices and coding skills
• Fair understanding of SDLC, Development methodologies (Agile is an advantage), and industry standard processes.
• Should have good communication skills/interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with North America counterparts/clients
• Create detailed mapping between old data elements and new data elements
• Contact customers to verify business rules and/or clarify data analysis
• Identify problems and make recommendations on how to overcome any issue
• Develop standardized procedures for common conversion routines to increase efficiencies
General Programming Skills, Analyzing Information, Problem
Solving, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Attention to Detail,Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Hands on Experience on Java/Advanced Java/Web Services related technologies, Hands on experience of PL/SQL, Hands on experience on Oracle 10g and above, Knowledge on Pentaho/Development Skills (ETL), Strong oral and written communication skills, Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
- SQL/PL SQL
- Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.