We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we’re still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst in our Life Insurance practice.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
-Gather and document regulatory and business requirements, translate these into precise solution requirements and oversee the implementation of these requirements through the entire project lifecycle including testing and quality assurance.
-Ensure the designed specifications achieve business needs.
-Track project progress and make decisions / recommendations to mitigate risk, ensure timely responses on frontline support issues and escalate appropriately as required.
-Keep the technical project repository updated and ensure good version control.
-Provide additional support to the project manager
-Defining and recommending system solutions to meet business goals and product requirements
-Developing and documenting conceptual designs for key system processes
-Communicating conceptual designs and business rules to developers
-Participating in technical specifications reviews
-Writing detailed Functional Specifications and other project-related documentation
-Creating user documentation for both internal as well as external audiences
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst.
• Must have a Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent degree in a related field.
• Knowledge in life insurance project is an asset.
• Experience in creating decision tables, use cases, process flows, user and implementation guides.
• Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Must have the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Must have extensive consulting experience.
• Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Must have proven leadership abilities.
• LOMA certification, or a willingness to work towards LOMA certification, is desirable
- Analytical Thinking
- Life Insurance
- Technical Writing
- UML (Unified ModelingLanguage)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.