Responsible for the full administration of all complex server farms. Provide highest level of technical advice on Server Delivery and management.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for providing day to day Wintel / VMWARE support for multiple customers by exercising proven Operating System and infrastructure experience in the enterprise space applying process; procedures; Standards; guidelines and best practices.
• Accountable for Service Delivery as per SLA’s /OLA’s of various projects in Remote infrastructure Management
• Manage day to day operations of the services rendered based on ITIL framework
• Act as a SPOC for clients for all aspects of service Delivery
• Responsible for ensuring negotiation; agreement; and maintenance of SLA’s / OLA’s
• Supporting BAU for various clients
• Maintain system availability as per multiple Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Produce monthly reporting activity and explain any abnormal system performance
• Assist appropriate teams in all phases of Production implementation
• Make recommendations to improve health of the system where necessary.
• Participate in various projects and work orders as assigned and complete assigned tasks on time.
• Coordinate activities for projects between other teams.
• Provide on-call support as scheduled.
• Coordinate service calls and requests with team members where necessary.
• Respond to incident tickets and provide updates in a timely manner. Escalate where necessary.
• Coordinate and implement change records as a result of trouble tickets.
• Perform 1st level hardware diagnostics and installation of layered products where needed.
• Reduce costs where expedient to do so without impacting service availability.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Primary Skill: Wintel, VMware, ESX/ESXi 4/5/; vCenter 5/5.5/6
Secondary Skill: ITIL
6-10 years of experience on ESX/ESXi 4/5/; vCenter 5/5.5/6; Cisco UCS Hardware knowledge; Firmware upgrade; Supporting BAU for various clients
Maintain system availability as per Service Level Agreements (SLA)
Produce monthly reporting activity and explain any abnormal system performance
Assist appropriate teams in all phases of Production implementations
Perform system tuning activities where appropriate
Provide on-call support as scheduled.
Hands on in P2V; ESX upgrade and hardening etc.
Coordinate service calls and requests with team members where necessary.
Respond to incident tickets and provide updates in a timely manner. Escalate where necessary.
Coordinate and implement change records as a result of trouble tickets
Perform 1st level hardware diagnostics and installation of layered products where needed
Certification Required: VMWARE
- Server - Wintel
- Server Setup/Config
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.