Discover where complex meets meaningful as a Sustainability Consultant in our Sustainability and Climate Change Advisory Services team. You will be part of a team that combines subject matter and technical expertise with business understanding, providing our clients with the insights to build responsible next generation IT services and operating models.
Help tackle once-in-a-generation challenges across the public and private sector. Work alongside clients as we shape the future of how fundamental technologies connect and transform the user experience in the UK.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace’ by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offers a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member, not just an employee.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Sustainability Consultant, you will be providing advice to CGI and our clients as they drive towards net zero. You’ll need to understand our clients’ business and commercial issues, and provide pragmatic, deliverable sustainability strategies that engage customers, stakeholders and employees.
Defining a major infrastructure programme, you’ll contribute to development and governance through technical assurance processes. You’ll take ownership of effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers, along with responsibility for concerns, architectural decisions and the technical risk register.
Delivering sustainability consulting, you’ll work with new and existing clients across a range of industries. This will include responsibility for the business development lifecycle, while helping solve complex challenges with innovative ideas and strategies.
You’ll also discover:
● A unique level of variety across different clients and industry sectors
● Complex, interesting and challenging projects to stretch your skills
● Impactful work that makes a real difference across the UK
● Training and support – whether you’re highly experienced or if you feel that your skills
aren’t a perfect match, we can provide the training and further development to help you
reach your full potential.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
● A proven track record in delivering sustainability strategies as a client-facing consultant,
internal business partner or trusted advisor
● Ideally a degree and further study/certification from a relevant body such as IEMA, GRI
● Experience of global standards, such as GRI, CDP, SASB, and/or TFCD
● Subject matter expertise and programme management across some or all areas of
sustainability such as:
○ Science Based Targets initiative, carbon assessment methodology
○ Net zero pathways, solutions and technology
○ Environmental Systems, ISO 14001
○ Supply chain development, monitoring and assurance
○ Waste / energy / water management including recycling, reduction, alternative fuels
and renewable energy
○ CSR strategy, materiality, social value and community engagement.
● All applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV)
Security Check (SC) level.
Our working approach is built around our clients’ needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
We celebrate and reward our members through a variety of methods, and we promote their health and well-being through a range of programmes and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
- Management Consulting
- Process Management
- Delivery Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.