Discover where complex meets meaningful as a Service Architect in our Advisory Services team. You will be part of a team that combines subject matter and technical expertise with business understanding, providing our clients with the insights to build next generation IT services and operating models.
Help tackle once-in-a-generation challenges across the public and private sector. Work alongside clients as we shape the future of how fundamental technologies connect and transform the user experience in the UK.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace’ by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offers a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member, not just an employee.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Service Architect, you’ll be working with a wide range of clients – often on-site – supporting them with solutions across the service management lifecycle. This will include developing the strategy, delivering process overviews, and designing and assuring new solutions and improvement initiatives.
Using real world examples from our broad client base, you’ll also be open to rapid change with the constant introduction of new frameworks and technology trends. You’ll coach junior consultants and continue your own professional development.
You’ll also discover:
● A unique level of variety across different clients and industry sectors
● Complex, interesting and challenging projects to stretch your skills
● Impactful work that makes a real difference across the UK
● Training and support – whether you’re highly experienced or if you feel that your skills
aren’t a perfect match, we can provide the training and further development to help you
reach your full potential.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
● ITIL V3 and / or ITIL 4 Expert or significant progress towards the qualification, and
ideally a relevant degree level qualification
● A strong understanding of all aspects of service management with the ability to identify
opportunities to sell Service Management Advisory Services
● Experience of IT project management, process implementation and improvement, with
experience in providing stakeholder management and guidance
● Solid experience of service strategy and service design practices, incorporating people,
process, technology and commercial aspects of service design to enable new solutions to
be transitioned smoothly into operational service
● Ability to review and assure the quality of service designs, providing constructive
feedback where appropriate
● Familiarity with the implications of organisational change and methods of enabling
● Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
● Ideally, experience of additional IT service delivery areas and project management.
● All applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV)
Security Check (SC) level.
Our working approach is built around our clients’ needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
We celebrate and reward our members through a variety of methods, and we promote their health and well-being through a range of programmes and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
- Communications Management
- Management Consulting
- Client Management
- Service Design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.