Our Solution Architects are a trusted and essential part of how we deliver transformative digital work for high profile private and public sector clients. Working within our Central Government business unit, you’ll have the opportunity to play an important role, working on highly-rewarding projects that help keep the UK’s public safe. From cutting-edge projects to essential infrastructure, our work has a wide reach. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace' by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offer a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee.
All applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Security Check (SC) level.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
At CGI our Solution Architects work closely with a wide variety of clients on challenging projects that have real world impact. You can focus your career as a subject matter expert, and focus on progression and leadership – owning and driving more and more complex projects. When you join us, we'll work together with you to identify where we can best utilise your existing experience, while providing the training necessary to fulfil current and future roles.
A CGI career will offer you a complete tech experience, where you have control over your future.
You’ll also discover:
• A unique level of variety across different clients and industry sectors
• Interesting and challenging projects to stretch and develop your skills
• Training and support specifically tailored to give you the right skills for the role
• Impactful work that makes a real difference in our communities
• Supportive tech, business and management colleagues across CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelor's degree or similar qualification in computer science, software development, or a related field
• Experience of modern architectural patterns and approaches specifically in the design and development of business critical applications and software
• Awareness of cloud based microservices architectures
• Cross-sector expertise, business and financial acumen
• Proven track record in leading the development of solution, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external/internal customers.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to pull together a larger team for more complex problems, and client facing expertise.
Our working approach is built around our client’s needs and the needs of you, our members. In a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or remote based, flexible or hybrid and full-time, part-time or job share. Unconditionally inclusive. We know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.