Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and we are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team. We are looking for talented individuals that work in a true DevOps environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Backend developer on our team, you will be working on several big initiatives within the business. This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and external clients to ensure each module interacts properly with each other. The Backend developer will also troubleshoot issues and develop new enhancements to achieve targeted results. If you have experience in infrastructure management and infrastructure development through automation we want to hear from you. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and or participating in daily scrums
- Participate in planning tasks and supporting team leaders in coordination of activities
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Coordinating and executing daily client requests
- Design software modules that interact with larger software project
- Participating in infrastructure development according to team best practices
- Performing unit tests on developed components and lead other tests according to team methods and procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on technical experience with Python in an Agile development/CICD pipeline environment
- Experience in Micro-services, 12-factor methodology, and automated integration testing
- Experience in API management, Swagger, Redoc
- Experience with Github/Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong OOPs, data structure, algorithm knowledge
- Working experience with common UNIX commands and script
- Infrastructure knowledge in software defined network, storage and datacenter.
- Virtualization (ESX), VMware, Windows/Linux
- Automation expertise with Puppet or Ansible
- Ability to write in Bash/Powershell
- Ability to quickly translate and navigate through new code from different development styles
- Experience with MySQL database or similar
- Excellent communication skills, speaking and writing
- Backend development (required)
- Eligible for security clearance required (last 5 years in Canada to be eligible)
- Independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement
- Aptitude for application level support, migration and deployment activities
- Familiarity with big data concepts (ex: Hadoop or Map Reduce)
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
- Participate and network externally in industry forums to share best practices and gain competitive intelligence
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s or College degree with a focus on Information Technology/Programming, or equivalent
- Back End Development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.