Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
CGI is looking for a Senior UI Angular / Java Developer to work on a range of challenging assignments related to the evolution of a variety of financial applications.
Candidates must have strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure requirements are translated into specific solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Participate in the planning of daily activities with the team members;
- Participate in technical design and development activities;
- Participate in code reviews with peers and tech leads to ensure that each increment adheres to the original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- UI work will be 75% and Backend work will be 25%
- Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues;
- Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of a team of developers for assigned projects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5+ years of development experience with Angular with more experience on the latest versions
• Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.|
• Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services in Java (e.g., JAX-RS, Spring MVC Rest)
•Good knowledge in AngularJS;
• Experience with development life cycle including Source control (Bitbucket, SVN , etc.), build scripts (Maven, etc.), development of unit tests ( JUnit, etc.);
• Experience working with a third party server environments: WebLogic, Tomcat;
• Programming experience with SQL;
• Familiar in Agile/Scrum methodology;
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, applications and systems;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; "
- Code Review
- Code Review
- Database Design
- Financial Services
- Object Oriented Programming
- Performance/Stress Testing
- Software Architecture
- Software Design Patterns
- Web Application Development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.