Description du poste :
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems?
These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us.
If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team.
We need to double our capacity to satisfy growing client demand globally and are looking for top talent. Combine the challenges offered by complex technical initiatives with the potential for international travel and gain experience and demonstrate your creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Linux/Unix System Administrator.
Fonctions et responsabilités :
As a Senior Linux/Unix System Administrator your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the migrating, implementing, maintaining, securing and tuning of Linux Systems and integration with the infrastructures
• Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on Linux Systems
• Maintain best practices on managing Linux Systems and services across all environments
• Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
• Participate in the implementation of monitoring and capacity management on Linux Systems
• Create and modify system scripts or applications to perform tasks
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environments
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
• Developing and overseeing the backup, replication, clustering and failover strategies
• Provide application support on the Linux Systems context in specific cases, as necessary
• Perform Incident troubleshooting and resolution to ensure availability and stability of enterprise Linux Systems according to established Service Level Agreements by working individually or in a multidisciplinary team
• Perform Service Requests and executes standard Changes with minimal supervision
• Work on Projects individually or in a multidisciplinary team context
• Proactively ensure knowledge sharing within the team
• Elaborate and maintain proper internal documentation of all the Operational procedures and System configurations
Qualités requises pour réussir dans ce rôle :
Qualifications and requirements:
• Previous working experience as a Linux System Administrator for +5 years
• In-depth knowledge of Linux leading distributions: Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu, Kali, among others
• Previous working experience as a Containers Administrator such as Kubernetes will be considered an advantage
• Previous working experience in the use of Automation tools such Ansible will be considered an advantage
• Familiarity with Public Cloud platforms (such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services), Virtualized Systems (such Hyper-V, VMware and/or Red Hat Virtualization), Container platforms (such Kubernetes) Storage and Network management and concepts
• Solid knowledge in Bash/Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
• Solid knowledge of protocols such as SSH, DNS, HTTP/S, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, NFS, secure FTP (SFTP/FTPS)
• Solid knowledge on High Availability architectures and Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity solutions on Linux Systems
• Self starter, highly motivated, detail oriented, flexible, focus on continuous improvement and willing to follow the directions given by the management
• Ready to learn new solutions and apply the latest technologies, namely in the context of Public Cloud
• Able to work well under pressure and have the ability to respond to and prioritize the incoming work according to the stringent deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong problem solving and communication skills between teams and with the client
Education and Certification
• University degree or comparable education.
• Linux certifications such as RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, LFCE, LFCS, CKA, KCNA, among others, will be considered an advantage
• Knowledge of English and/or French language will be considered an advantage
Ce que vous pouvez attendre de nous :
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.