Do you relish the challenges of the payroll industry? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and growing team? CGI is experiencing remarkable growth and looking for talented people to join its payroll team. We are looking for bilingual individuals to help us meet the growing demand of our internal clients around the world. In this role you will collaborate with several business units on their payroll data. You will communicate and interact with Human Resources and government entities to ensure the accuracy and compliance of payroll information.
The Payroll Specialist will also play a role in resolving issues and develop new processes to ensure the achievement of expected results. If you have payroll experience and are excited about continuous learning in a global environment, we would like to meet you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Processing of Canadian Payroll
• Entering & verifying data required for payroll preparation
• Generating payroll data validation reports
• Balance T4 and RL1 at the end of the year and complete the summaries
• Manage Deduction At Source/Remittances
• Validate payments with CRA & RQ
• Analyze and responds to CRA & RQ
• Drafting letters and other messages to institutions, governments, and the like
• Preparing and issuing records of employment
• Reviewing existing processes and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2 years relevant experience as a payroll professional
• Solid understanding of Canadian payroll practices and standards
• Certification/training from the Canadian Payroll Association would be an asset
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
• Good communication skills in English and French
• Knowledge of Oracle’s PeopleSoft (an asset)
• Ability to manage stress and deadlines
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.