CGI is a European leader in Space Ground Segment systems and services in the domains of Earth Observation, Navigation, Satellite Communications, Space Safety and Mission Operations. We provide critical services and solutions to European & national agencies and institutions, the scientific community, the commercial sector, as well as to the wider public. We are both major contributors to, and act as thought leaders in, a number of key European space initiatives including the Copernicus and Galileo programmes, designing and developing cutting edge solutions for our clients.
The European Space market is dynamic, evolving and rapidly growing. CGI is now looking to further expand our business in this area, building on our 40 year successful heritage.
If you would like to be part of this, then join us and support our project teams in the SPACE division as a System Integration & Verification Engineer (m/f/d).
You will become part of a multinational team supporting our customer on System Integration & Verification activities for Earth Observation missions. Applying your strong communication skills, you will interact with other teams to analyze system defects and to progress with integration and testing. You will support your more junior colleagues and, potentially, you may take over the lead of a small team.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden:
Specifically, your area of activities includes the following tasks:
Service Management: activities related to the planning and coordination of I&V tasks.
Engineering Activities for I&V: focused on the preparation and contribution to the technical documentation related to I&V activities (VCDs, engineering and I&V plans, test specifications, test procedures):
• Verification Control: for the requirements to be verified by test propose/define the testing activities. Ensure the scope is in line with the expected versions and that the testing activities can be scheduled within the foreseen timeframe.
• Observing and analysis of I&V tests run at segment and/or sub-segment level.
• Writing of integration and verification test specifications.
Integration and Verification Activities: performing the corresponding integration and verification testing campaigns according to the agreed plans:
• Scheduling and executing of all the integration and verification activities in close coordination with the institution, including requesting use of common resources (such as MMEs).
• Ensuring sufficiently in advance of execution that relevant procedures, tools and data are ready to be used, performing any final tuning or set-up as necessary.
Validation Activities: support our institutional client on the validation of systems when performing the corresponding validation test campaigns:
• Support to scheduling and executing of all the validation activities and testing in close coordination with the end-client.
• Ensuring sufficiently in advance of the execution of the tests that relevant procedures, tools and data are ready to be used, performing any final tuning or set-up as necessary.
Those qualified for the role will be proactive, natural problem solvers and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. You will thrive on solving complex tasks in a challenging environment and enjoy supporting your colleagues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role include:
• University degree (or equivalent)
• Experience in Ground Systems Engineering and IV&V related activities for elements of a ground segment for earth observation missions
• Proven experience in the integration, verification and validation (IV&V)
• Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards
• Having worked within the European space industry environment
• Knowledge of ECSS standards for software development
• Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java and IDL)
• In addition to the technical know-how you are characterized by your social competencies and enjoy team-oriented work
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Good analytical skills
• High degree of interpersonal awareness
• Experience in working as part of a multicultural team
• • Readiness for a security clearance
What we offer
CGI offers our employees an exciting and flexible work environment in which to build their careers. This is especially reflected within our Space business which offers a corporate culture built around diverse teams, international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication.
CGI’s values emphasise our commitment to work in partnership with our clients by providing objectivity and integrity in all of our undertakings, whilst also delivering quality solutions and services. We also place a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility, encouraging and supporting our employees in the continuous improvement of the economic, social and environmental well-being of the communities in which they live and work. This is further reflected in the company’s commitment to be carbon neutral by 2030.
Consistent with our dream of creating an environment in which we enjoy working together, CGI is committed to fostering and maintaining professional workplaces that respect the dignity of all members. CGI is unconditionally inclusive and we are constantly evolving and creating new network that support and promote the richness of our diversity, equity and inclusion across our organization.
In addition to the above, CGI offers the following:
• A highly competitive salary package including a significant performance-related component, based on overall business performance
• At CGI, we view our professionals as company owners. A set percentage of your salary can be invested in CGI shares, and CGI matches your contribution, up to a set maximum.
• Flexible working hours and conditions to optimise your work/life balance
• Company car & bicycle leasing schemes
• JobTicket for public transport throughout Hessen, for both business and personal use
• Emergency childcare support
• A strong focus on continued learning and development
• An exciting, challenging and diverse environment where you can grow your career as part of a great team
• A great corporate culture built around international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication
• A company committed to be carbon neutral by 2030 with a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility – contributing to the communities we live in.
Wat mag je van ons verwachten:
Insights you can act on
Der Motor für die digitale Transformation unserer Kunden ist die Technologie – der Antrieb für den Erfolg unseres Unternehmens sind die Menschen.
Als Berater:in bei CGI genießt du das Vertrauen deiner Kolleg:innen und Kunden. In der Zusammenarbeit gewinnst du Erkenntnisse, die zu wertvollen und nachhaltigen Lösungen führen. Unsere Mitarbeitenden heißen „Member“, weil sie am Erfolg beteiligt werden und gemeinsam ein Unternehmen gestalten, auf das wir alle stolz sind. Diesen Traum haben wir seit 1976, und er hat uns dorthin geführt, wo wir heute stehen: Wir sind einer der weltgrößten unabhängigen Dienstleister für IT und Business Consulting.
Bei CGI erkennen wir den Mehrwert von Vielfalt. Wir wollen ein Arbeitsumfeld schaffen, dem sich alle zugehörig fühlen, und fördern zusammen mit unseren Kunden die Inklusion. Bei uns haben alle die gleichen Chancen, erfolgreich zu sein und sich weiterzuentwickeln. Solltest du im Recruiting-Prozess Unterstützung benötigen, sind wir für dich da.
Bist du bereit, Teil unserer Erfolgsgeschichte zu werden? Komm zu CGI – wo du mit deinen Ideen und deinem Engagement etwas bewirkst.
Das CGI-Recruiting Team steht Ihnen bei Rückfragen oder für ein telefonisches Erstgespräch gerne zur Verfügung. Sie erreichen uns unter 06196 / 77 42 420. Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Bewerbung!